The IEETR Centre was awarded the contract by the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs to install photovoltaic rooftop systems on three of its buildings , namely:
- Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (eThekwini Municipality, Durban)
- Grey’s Hospital (Msunduzi Municipality, Pietermaritzburg)
- Vryheid Hospital (Abaqulusi Municipality, Vryheid)
The project was initiated by the KZN Green Economy rooftop PV study, with its aims to promote the use of, and improve, the uptake of renewable energy in KZN.
- To design & install Photovoltaic Rooftop Systems on public buildings
- To conduct real time monitoring of system performance parameters, as well as data analysis of system efficiencies
- To development and implement appropriate training and skills transfer for operators and maintenance staff