Measurement & Verification is an objective process for quantifying energy savings achieved through the implementation of Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs).
The process involves measuring and verifying pre – and post-implementation energy use, and adjusting for any salient changes in conditions. This will verify that the intended changes to a specific facility was made, and that those changes have the potential to perform as intended and save energy.
This will include the measure and documentation of the actual effects of a project (i.e. energy and demand savings) and determine whether it met the required estimates.
A certified M&V plan provides you with valuable benefits including:
- Quantified energy savings of energy efficiency measures;
- Feedback on implemented energy efficiency measures (EEMs);
- Validation of past projects;
- Transparency and credible reports on efficiency investments; and
- Adaptability – M&V allows you to easily adjust to changing facility operating conditions in order to set proper budgets and account for budget variances.
Our Energy Technology Station is at an advanced stage for SANAS accreditation.